The Bytown Ski Club is a non-profit local ski club that has been operating for over 30 years and is entirely run by volunteers.
Through volume sales, we provide significant savings on skiing and related activities for our members! Some of the benefits we provide include: discounts at stores and ski areas, great prices on lessons, trips and other special events.
Anyone may join the ski club upon payment of the annual membership dues.
NOTE: All of the club documentation, application forms, and confirmation lists are available ONLY through this web site! Our primary communications methods are by email and through our club web site; both are essential to take advantage of the club’s services.
The Bytown Ski Club is self-sufficient and receives no formal funding from any corporation. Funding for club activities is derived primarily from membership dues collected annually from members. Our excellent prices are achieved through volume sales and long-standing relationships with our suppliers.
The club is run by an executive committee of volunteers. While we try our best to operate the Ski Club as effectively as possible, please remember that ALL executive members have real full time jobs, which must take priority over the Ski Club. This may mean that we don’t respond immediately to member requests. If we don’t reply in a timely fashion, please gently remind us of your request.
If you are interested in volunteering as and executive member, elections for executive positions are held annually in the September time frame. Two to four weeks before the election date, an announcement of the election meeting is sent by email to all members from the previous year for whom we have valid email addresses.
The club mandate is to provide economical ski trips, lessons and equipment savings to all skiers and boarders. Our low membership cost is often recovered in as little as one event!
Membership to the ski club must be purchased annually, and is valid for one ski season. Memberships are not refundable for any reason. There are two types of membership: adult and child.
Events – Ski Club Activities
Here are some examples of events that the ski club has offered on a regular basis to its members. However, they may not be offered in the current season — check the event listings on the club front page for upcoming events.
- Trips Every season we offer a selection of trips to various resorts such as:
- Day trips by bus to Mont Tremblant, usually priced lower than a regular lift pass!
- Meet and Ski Events
- One weekend trip to further destination.
- One or more weeklong trips to destinations in the Canadian or US Rockies such as Whistler, Lake Louise, Fernie, Big White, Big Mountain, Beckenridge, etc. Note week-long trips have not been offered for a few years and involved small groups.
- Cross-Country The cross country program varies form year to year, but past offerings have included: lessons, hot chocolate nights in Gatineau Park, trips to Montabello and weekend trips to world famous facilities such as Mont Ste. Anne’s Cross-Country Trails.
- Discounts Each season discounts are arranged with local stores and ski hills. Most local stores offer 5-15% savings on merchandise or services for club members who identify themselves with a valid membership card. Several of the local ski areas offer discounted lift passes for members; some are more than 50% off of regular rates