General Cancellation Policies
Event cancellation by the Ski Club
The Ski Club may cancel an event for any reason, including, but not limited to the following:
- Due to severe weather conditions at any time before and/or during the event. NOTE: weather dependent cancellation of lessons programs is up to the individual ski resorts. The Club has no control over the resort decision. For lessons cancellation, participants should contact the ski resort directly.
- If there are insufficient numbers of participants at any time prior to the departure date.
- If it is deemed that the skiing conditions will not be satisfactory at any time prior to the departure date.
- At any time, for unforeseen events such as, but not limited to:
- The dissolution of a supplier. While the Club makes every effort to maintain relationships with reputable resorts and service providers, if a supplier terminates its services for any reason, the Club will not be responsible for continuation of those services
- Changes in supplier prices.
Event Cancellation by Club Member and/or Guest:
Any participant wishing to cancel from an event must notify the Ski Club by emailing the skiclub. Posting comments to the web page does not send email to the Skiclub account. Refund rules shall be applied as specified on the application or below.
Refunds – The following refund policy applies to all Club events and memberships:
- Unless otherwise specified in writing on an event application or ticket, or in the “General Refund Policies” specified below, then there are no refunds.
- Any refund policy stated on an event-specific application form or ticket overrides any other stated refund policy.
General Refund Policies
Event participation cancelled by club member/guest:
Lessons – The Club does not provide refunds for lessons. All requests for lessons refunds after the closing registration date should be directed to the ski resort providing the lessons program. Registrants should consult the resort’s web pages.
Day Trips –Closing registration date is normally 3 business days prior to departure. Registrants cancelling before the closing registration date are entitled to a full refund, if such request is received by email to the skiclub at least 3 business days prior to trip. No refunds will be given for cancellations after closing registration date. Arranging a substitute to take your place, after the closing registration date, may be permitted, subject to the approval of the trip coordinator. The substitute must provide a signed application form at the time of departure.
Weekend Trips – For cancellations 2-4 weeks prior to departure, a full refund, less $100, will be returned to the registrants by the Club. No refunds will be given for cancellations received after 2 weeks prior to departure. Arranging a substitute to take your place is permitted providing the substitute provides a signed application form to the Club executive who is acting as Trip Prime, at the time of departure.
Week Trips – See the application form, or the Ski Can website for the cancellation policy. It is recommended registrants purchase cancellation insurance.