The Bytown Ski Club Big White Big White ski trip was a big success. To click here to see the trip report.
The Bytown Ski Club has returned from a hiatus and finalized plans to offer members a week-long ski and boarder group package to Big White British Columbia this coming winter. We have reserved thirty hotel and air spots for participants of this ski week from Saturday January 29 through Saturday February 5, 2022.
A full description of the Bytown Ski Week package, registration form, waiver of insurance or application form for Manulife Travel insurance, is available now on the Touringhouse Travel web site under the tab “Ski Trips”, at www.touringhouse.com.
In light of the pandemic situation, skiers and the Club have opted to depart from the successful European offering of recent years to stay in Canada this winter. To promote the safety of our members, we will entertain registration for this group trip only from people that will have obtained their double vaccination prior to the trip departure.
To ensure your spot, registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. Monday September 27 by either phone, email or a visit to the Touringhouse Travel office, and follow-up with registration form and deposit, plus insurance if required. There are still some places left on this trip. Please note the registration deadline is October 26.
January 29 –February 5, 2022, Bytown Ski Package Includes
- Air Canada return air from Ottawa to Kelowna
- One piece of luggage at no cost (skis/boots count as one piece of luggage)
- Seven nights double or two per room accommodation at the Inn of Big White
- Airport transfers both directions between Kelowna Airport and the Inn at Big White
- Bag porterage at the hotel, upon arrival and return
- Six days all area ski pass, including RFID card
- Welcome information reception on Saturday January 29
- Small Bytown groups guided ski introduction to the mountain, January 30
- All service charges, taxes, and tips
- Bytown Ski Club trip leader escort
- Package price per person, double or twin room = $2,249 per person
- Package price per person, single room = $2,829 per person
- Seniors 65 and over, savings is $65 from above prices
- Land only (no air); reduce price by $550
- Deviations are available at end of trip for a limited number of registrants
- 3 or 4 person rooms may be available upon request
he Big White Ski Resort is located a short distance from Kelowna British Columbia and its airport. Bytown Ski Club ski week participants will be transferred each way by coach from the airport to the ski resort. On route to the resort, we have scheduled a short stop at grocery liquor store to pick up whatever supplies people may want to have, although there are smaller grocery and liquor store at the mountain resort.Big White is a lovely mountain pedestrian village with multiple services such as restaurants, grocery store, ski shops, pubs with entertainment, and numerous activities is central to 14 lifts offering a wide network of trails for all levels of skiers from beginner to advanced. The 119 trails lead skiers and boarders to a vertical of 2550 feet (777 meters). Big White is renowned for its abundance of snow from the ski season which normally starts in November, warm temperatures (average of 6.9 degree Celsius in January) and not being located near major population centres, uncrowded slopes. Your accommodation at the “Inn at Big White” is a ski-in and ski-out facility within the pedestrian village close to all amenities and activities. This non-smoking 100 room hotel features a restaurant, lounge with periodic entertainment, a ski room with individual ski lockers, and large outdoor hot tub pool and games room. With the safety of guests of paramount importance, some of these hotel amenities may not be available in 2022 as per British Columbia health authority direction of the day. Each hotel room has its own fireplace, flat screen TV with satellite and a galley kitchen that includes a mini-fridge, sink, stove, dishes, cookware and utensils.
- Touringhouse Travel Trip Information & Registration 201-876 Montreal Road, Ottawa, ON, K1K 4L3; Phone 613-741-2942 http://touringhouse.com/tours/ski/Bytown_Ski_Club_Ski_Trip(Big_White).php
- Big White Resort https://www.bigwhite.com/geo/on
- Inn at Big White https://www.bigwhite.com/plan-your-trip/accommodation/studios-and-suites/inn-big-white#
- Manulife Travel Insurance https://www.manulife.ca/personal/insurance/travel-insurance/travelling-canadians.html
Touringhouse Travel & Bytown Ski Club